At Windsor Run, residents love this succotash topped with a fillet of seared grouper for an irresistible summer dish.
1 oz unsalted butter
1/2 oz diced garlic
1/2 oz diced shallots
1/4 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup small diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup small diced tomato
1/4 cup fava beans
1/2 oz chopped parsley
1/2 oz chopped chive
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring medium size sauté pan to medium-high heat.
- Once your pan is hot, add butter and allow it to melt. Toss in the garlic and shallots, allowing them to cook until they turn translucent.
- Add corn and peppers. Cook for two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Then add tomatoes and fava beans, and continue to cook until all is tender.
- Stir in herbs, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked succotash in the center of a plate, and top with seared grouper or your favorite choice of protein.
This delicious dish is just one of the imaginative recipes that Executive Chef RJ Corley creates and serves to residents at Windsor Run, an Erickson Senior Living community in Matthews, N.C.