• 8 oz sea bass
• 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
• 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 cup plus 1 1/3 tablespoons orange juice
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
• 1/4 cup plus 1 1/3 tablespoons of canola and olive oils blended together
• 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• Place all of the sauce's ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
• Season the fillet with salt and pepper.
• In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the oils.
• When the oil is hot and just smoking, add the fish, presentation side down, and cook for 3–4 minutes.
• Gently turn the fillet over and cook for an additional 3–4 minutes, being careful not to burn or overcook. Ensure the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145° for 15 seconds. Pro tip: Place into a 400° oven, if needed.
• Spoon the sauce over the sea bass fillet and garnish with shaved fennel and citrus zest.
This delicious dish is just one of the imaginative recipes that chefs create and serve at Erickson Senior Living communities. If you’d like to learn more about Erickson Senior Living, request a free brochure.