September 29, 2011 - Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Baltimore, Maryland -- PR/Communication/Marketing professionals are invited to attend the Erickson Living/PRSA MD "Resources & Tools for Public Affairs Success" training program on September 29th at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel. This unique social-media rich one-day program is being offered at a great price - due to Erickson Living's sponsorship of the event.
Specific details and registration information on this event can be found at: http://www.prsamd.org/news/events2011/sep11.htm.
Specific sessions scheduled include: The Role of Social Media in Crisis Communications; Twitter Tactics for PR Professionals; State of the News Media 2011; LinkedIn for PR Professionals; and Inside Today's Newsroom.
Special speakers include: Amy S. Mitchell, Deputy Director, Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism; Justine Fenton, Crime Reporter, Baltimore Sun; Anthony Guglielmi, Baltimore City Police Department; Jeffrey A. Davis, Sawmill Marketing Public Relations; Fran Simon, Chief Engagement Officer, Engagement Strategies, LLC.; Paul Milton, Executive Director of News Operations, Patuxent Publishing; Kelly Groft, News Director, ABC2 News (Baltimore); Robert Lang, Reporter, WBAL 1090 Radio; and, Will Sommer, Multimedia Reporter, Kingstowne Patch.
There are only 20 seats available, so those interested will need to register early. Participants will need to bring their portable computers for use during the hands-on Twitter and LinkedIn sessions. Lunch and morning and afternoon snacks are also included in the registration fee.
Participants will leave with:
- An understanding of how social media can be both a good and a challenging part of crisis communications and how to use it more effectively.
- Valuable information on the health and status of the American news media with a focus on eight major sectors of media - this will help you sharpen your media outreach.
- Inside information from key newsrooms in and around the area.
- Sharpened skills on two of the more popular social media sites: Twitter and LinkedIn.
- New contacts that you can tap throughout the year.
Anyone with questions can contact Dan Dunne, Director of Communications, Erickson Living at (410) 402-2097; or by e-mail at:firstname.lastname@example.org.