If the past few months have taught us anything, it's this: Everyone wants to feel safe at home.
That's why so many seniors are moving to Erickson Living-managed retirement communities. They've seen the extraordinary measures we've taken to keep residents safe, engaged, and informed. From home delivery of meals and medications, to birthday flowers left at their doors, community members feel cared for and connected—and they're looking forward to resuming the active, maintenance-free life we're known for.
If you'd like to live in a community that makes you feel safe at home, don't let social distancing deter you from listing now. Younger buyers start their searches online and are comfortable with virtual showings. In fact, our preferred real estate agents report strong sales using a variety of online tools.
Still need more reasons to list in the fall? Read on!
1. Serious buyers: Typically, buyers are relocating for a specific, time-sensitive event, like a new job, and they want to settle quickly. With fewer houses on the market, you're more likely to receive strong offers faster, and you can be in your new home before the busy holiday season.
2. Advocacy: Your Erickson Living personal moving consultant is your project manager, engaging the best people and overseeing your move from start to finish. She can connect you to top-selling agents who know how to market your house to its best advantage. Everyone on your team—stagers, packers, movers—is ready to solve your challenges, so you can start enjoying the next, best chapter of your life.
3. Resources: We choose Erickson Realty and Moving Services partners for their commitment to the highest levels of service, quality, and value. They provide whatever you need for a smooth move: listing, staging, and closing; downsizing and selling/donating unwanted items; and packing, moving, and setting up your new Erickson Living apartment home. They understand our communities and the sales timeline, so you can depend on them to create a seamless, worry-free process.
4. Experience: For more than a decade, Erickson Living and its preferred partners have helped tens of thousands of seniors sell their houses and move into our beautiful communities with ease.
In her ten years as an Erickson Living preferred real estate agent, Meg Olympia of Long and Foster has coordinated more than 200 property sales for residents. "I really understand the stress of moving because I went through it with my mom when my dad passed away," she says. "I've made it my mission to take the weight off your shoulders. I explain everything and hold your hand through the entire process. With experienced professionals at the helm, you can relax and leave the heavy lifting to us."
5. Financial: When you use one of our preferred real estate agents to sell your house, and you move into any Erickson Living-managed community, you'll get a credit on your monthly service package of up to $2,000 for qualified moving expenses.
Plus, priority list members receive all personal moving consultant services at no charge. These include home visits, a customized moving plan, and a space plan showing where to place furniture in your new apartment home.
Bundling these incentives can be a triple win for you: You'll get the expertise and support you need while you reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
As you can see, there are lots of great reasons to sell your house this fall. Find an Erickson Living-managed community near you to get started today!