Palm Beach Gardens, FL -- Ann Corwell who lives at Devonshire at PGA National, an Erickson Living managed retirement community in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. just returned from a two-week cruise/land trip in Alaska! Prior to that she was in the middle east (Bahrain, Dubai and Abu Dhabi) and soon she will be heading to Spain. Yes Ann Corwell travels a lot!
According to a recent AAA Travel survey, nearly 100 million Americans are planning a vacation in 2019.
Erickson Living residents have two distinct advantages when they travel. First, they leave with peace of mind knowing their apartment home and belongings are secure (in contrast to needing house-sitters). Second, many Erickson Living communities employ a special trips coordinator who plans everything from day trips, to shopping excursions and concerts, theater events and more.
"I love to travel," said Corwell. "Both to the foreign countries and I also make three trips a year to Orlando and one or two trips a year to NY State and New York City."
With all this travel experience, Corwell shares some travel tips:
1. Where do you want to go? What do you want to see and do? What's on your bucket list? Dream it. Do it.
2. If your dream trip presents challenges (language barrier-although almost everyone, everywhere, speaks English; difficult terrain or other in-country travel barriers, for example), consider a guided tour or a cruise with day trips. Tours also ensure you won't miss highlights. Note my comments about possible challenging or no computer/phone access!
3. Be flexible. Other countries, even other states, may not provide food, service, accommodations, variety of shopping or other amenities you're used to at our beautiful Erickson homes! If everyplace was like home, there would be no reason to leave! Try to celebrate and experience the differences. Try new adventures. Get to know the people who live there. All of this will help you return with great photos and even better stories!
4. Try to speak with others who may have traveled to your destination, request travel brochures, or look it up on the internet. Know what to expect with weather, best way to exchange money, not-to-be-missed sights-including restaurants, theatres and other special events-places only the locals go and length of your stay. All of this helps with planning your itinerary, packing (Try to pack as light as possible!) and determining a budget (Try to use credit cards. Let the card company know you'll be away from your home base.).
5. The most important tip...Enjoy every minute. This may be the only time you visit this area, so use all of your senses to experience, discover and learn (Yes, you can feel, smell, taste, touch and hear unique characteristics of every destination!). Every trip is an exciting opportunity.
"I love having the peace of mind that while I am away I always know everything will be safe and secure here at Devonshire," says Corwell.
About Devonshire at PGA National: Devonshire at PGA National, is one of 20 continuing care retirement communities managed by Erickson Living® and is situated on a scenic 28-acre campus on the grounds of prestigious PGA National. The community is located in Palm Beach County and is home to more than 350 community members. Additional information about Devonshire can be found at DevonshirePGA.com.