By: Ashley Ruth
Personal Moving Consultant
The first full day of spring is on March 21. It's also the official start of the spring house selling season!
Fast Fact #1: In February, the median price of houses in Baltimore County increased by 4.4% from a year ago, according to MRIS data.
That's good news for sellers as this time of year is the most opportune for planting that "For Sale" sign in your front yard.
But preparation is the key to taking advantage of an improving market.
As the personal moving consultant for Oak Crest retirement community, I interact with our future residents by providing guidance on staging, downsizing and move management.
It's natural for owners to be initially overwhelmed with the prospect of opening their house to potential buyers; however, with a plan and creativity, those challenges become opportunities.
Fast Fact #2: Most buyers form an opinion about your house within the first fifteen seconds of seeing it.
If your house is not in top condition, do not fret. There are simple and affordable ways to spruce things up with small projects that can yield big rewards.
The goal is to create that spring cleaning feel on the inside combined with fresh landscaping.
To prepare your home for the spring selling season:
• Focus on the kitchen and bathroom. Mini-facelifts are as easy as removing wallpaper, adding a fresh coat of paint and replacing window treatments.
• Inspect your flooring and consider less expensive options like laminates.
• Bring springtime to your interior décor with a vase of fresh flowers.
• Removing extra furniture and clutter to create a living space that feels open and inviting.
Moving outside: The real first impression
Though your house may be spic and span inside, "curb appeal" really does matter.
• Give your house a new coat of paint.
• Revamp landscaping by fertilizing & seeding the lawn, cleaning flower beds and adding mulch.
• Clean up walkways, removing leftover leaves, salt and soil.
• If you don't yet have blooming flowers, consider adding planters.
Now is the time to act!
At Oak Crest, our realty & moving services program connects you with a team of experienced realtors, staging companies and downsizing experts all connected by one goal...
...helping our clients sell their houses at fair prices so they can enjoy life at Oak Crest!
I coordinate these services to make moving to Oak Crest easier from start to finish.
It all starts with a free, in-home consultation to assess your specific needs. Together, we customize a plan tailored just for you.
In one simple move, you receive real estate, downsizing and moving services from a team of professionals. We even credit part of your moving expenses.
With our realty & moving services team on your side, you have the edge on the competition. I can help you get started. Please contact me at 410-665-2222 or email@example.com.
Join us at Oak Crest for our Annual Home Expo on Friday, April 12th. It's "the event of the spring" to meet our realty & moving professionals, tour apartment homes and speak with residents.